Tuesday, April 14, 2009

JUNIOR THEME I NEED RESEARCH HELP

So I need help with finding some research, other then im pretty set, that im waiting to hear back some possible interviewees one which is from NPR who said she is interested just needs to get back to me on dates and times. Ok so the research I need is on Abortion and Evangelicals, (I was told to look up stuff on the 1970s rise in Evangelical Xianity but i have been pretty ineffective so far). The next thing I need help with is Advances in Science and how does that make Abortion controversial, i have found a few articles that are helpful on that, the bad thing is there all about ultrasounds and a law trying to be passed so that people about to get abortions have to view the ultrasound images of the Fetus, that is all good, but I need at least another angle on Advances in Science before I am confident that I can make an effect argument.


So to hopefully to catch someones attenuation again im adding to this blog post here is my addition.
PLEASE read the comments and see you can help thank you.

2 comments:

Judy Gressel said...

Luke,
advances in science have resulted in babies being born as "viable" even in the 5th month. They can keep a very premature baby alive at a much earlier age. This impacts timing on those who choose to abort.
For a poll of evangelicals see:
http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=27235&ref=BPNews-RSSFeed0122

20 recent articles are found in ProQuest if you search:
Abortion AND Evangelicalism

I also found good results by going to our database eLibrary. Do an advanced search - keyword = evangelicals and publication title -
"human life review”

Unknown said...

So the The help on the Evangelical and abortion was great, but my main problem was with the advances in science. I can see how that can make it controversial but Im having a hard time find articles websites or anything supporting that statement i need help finding evidence supporting that argument.

Flight of the concords