Wednesday, May 13, 2009

AMERICAN STUDIES DAY!!!


So the title and the picture are a little miss leading I am not going to talk about American studies day because I know in class tomorrow we will have a discussion maybe even a survey evaluating the day were I can express my opioid of it. But what I am really here to talk about it is this book The Great Gratsby, so I read the second chapter as assigned and there has been one major trend I have been wanting to point out. Its the use of colors in the book. This book seems very color oriented, the Author uses the colors Red, White, and Blue many times in just the first two chapters. Those aren't the only colors being used I just want to specifically point those out, Yellow has been use to describe parts or things owned by people of the higher class and wealth. and the Color green was used to describe this well known character Gatsby in his first appearance. To be completely honest I'm not sure what the use of all these colors mean. But I do believe there is significance behind them i just have not been able to unlock what they mean yet and I was wondering if there was anyone had some incite to the use of colors in the book?


Sorry for tricking you with the American studies day! but it was great and I hope for the sake of next year AS students they do it again.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

I am not sure what exactly the significance of each color used means, but in the book there are many symbols and meanings represented by the colors presented. It is apparent that Fitzgerald is using them for a reason.

LukeHG said...

I think if there is a trend, it will become more apparent as we read further in the book.

Flight of the concords